Welcome to the Challenge!
We are SO excited that you have joined us for the “If I Change” 21 Day Challenge! You’ll be amazed at what you can do to build healthy habits in just 21 days.
First Things First
It is important that you get your starting weight and “before” photos sent to your coach. We will describe how to do both below.
This challenge is put on by Herbalife Distributors who earnestly believe in these products. Many of whom have had their own life-changing health results because of them.
- Make sure you have products on hand:
- Recommended: 1-2 canisters of shake, 1 large canister of protein, 1 tea, and 1 pint of aloe.
Shake Recipe Ideas: Click Here
- Consider: Become a preferred member and receive 20% or more off product for life. Your discount increases as you order products over time – up to 40%! Talk to your coach for details
- Identify on the Meal Planner chart what your 30-day protein and calories are each time you eat. On average, not including fruits and veggies, you should be consuming 1 gram of protein for every 10 calories you eat. This will help you identify on labels quickly if something is a deal or no deal for you to consume in your plan. Talk to your coach if you have specific questions.
***Meal Plan chart and Meal Plans can be found at the end of this post. Use them to set yourself up for success. Lastly, use the Snack List (also found at the end of this post) to fill your cupboards with healthy options.
How to Get the Most Out of This Challenge...
...and hopefully set you up for being one of the winners!
- Eat within 30 minutes of waking up
- Eat every 2.5-3 hours during the day until you go to bed
- Avoid eating bread, rice, pasta, potatoes, sugar, alcohol.
- Exceptions: whole GRAIN bread, wild rice, protein pasta, sweet potatoes.
Now, let's get the registration stuff out of the way…
How to Record Your Starting Weight
During these 21 days, you may see some MAJOR changes to the number on the scale and in order to see that difference let’s show you how to document your starting weight the right way.
*People who use Formula One twice a day as part of a healthy lifestyle can generally expect to lose around 0.5-1.0 pound per week.
Before You Get On The Scale
- Make sure it’s a DIGITAL SCALE
- Remove any hats, shoes, belts, watches, and things in your pockets.
- Wear lightweight clothing like a t-shirt, tank top, shorts, or sports bra
- Get a piece of paper and write the date on it (we’ll get to the importance of this paper soon)
Getting On The Scale
- Grab your piece of paper that has the date on it and put it above the scale.
- Step on the scale while making sure both feet are completely on and not hanging off.
- Take a picture of your feet on the scale with the weight and piece of paper clearly visible.
- That’s it! We ask you to put the paper with the date on it so we can see that it’s a current picture and not one taken another time. This will make the challenge fair for everyone :)
And then lastly…
How to Take Perfect Before and After Pictures
Many people don’t realize how much they have transformed until they compare their before and after pictures! It’s a great way to see the different areas of your body tone up and see the extra weight disappear. Follow the steps below and let’s get started! It’s ok if you don’t like pictures of yourself. Just know this will help you see your personal transformation! :)
Grab a digital camera or use your smartphone if it has a good camera.
Get a friend or family member to take your picture (don’t worry, they don’t need to be a pro).
Suggestions to get you set up:
What to wear
Wear a sports bra with some shorts or a bikini. It is important you see your hips, thigh, and stomach.
No shoes, no shirt, and wear your favorite pair of shorts.
Where to take it:
Look for an area with good lighting, and pick a wall that is free of distractions and is a plain color.
Taking Perfect Before and After Pictures
After doing the things above, it’s time to take the picture! There are 3 poses that we want you to take pictures in that will best show your transformation.
*All the same rules apply to you after photos! Make sure you are wearing the same clothes you wore in the before pictures and do the same 3 poses.
Okay, that’s it! We hope you enjoy this challenge. Tackling your health goals doesn’t all have to be work. We encourage you to find foods you love to eat. Explore new shake recipes so you don’t get bored. And don’t forget to lean on your coach as a resource. They have all kinds of tricks up their sleeve on how to help you get killer results.
We will see you in the Facebook Group! Good luck! (As if you needed any…)
Challenge Requirements to be Eligible for Prizes
- Send initial and weekly (Mondays) weight to your coach
- View the group Wellness Profile
- Submit your before and after photos to your coach
- Be reasonable with weight-loss actions. We encourage healthy weight-reducing habits. In the event that a participant’s weight loss exceeds 3% of total body weight in one week or 9% over the course of the challenge, the participant may be removed from the challenge, and be refunded their entry cost.
- Organizers of this challenge reserve the right to remove any participant from prize eligibility. In such case, the ineligible participant will be issued a full refund of challenge entry cost.
*Please note: In the event you participate in subsequent challenges, we will use your final weigh-in from the previous challenge as your initial weigh-in for the next challenge - unless your weight is lower (in which case – YAY YOU!).
Ready….Set……MAKE SOME CHANGES!
[customized nutrition made easy 2]
[vegetarian meal builder]
|Meats and Fish
|5 oz tuna packed in water
|3 oz chicken breast
|3 oz ground turkey (cooked)
|3-4 egg whites
|2 oz turkey jerky
|17 slices turkey pepperoni
|Amylu chicken sausage